|THIS™ Isn't Bacon Lardons
|Vegan parmesan, grated
Carbonara without the carbon.
Gone are the days of worrying about your eggs curdling (eww). THIS™ Vegan Bacon Carbonara is a classic: creamy and morish. The plant-based bacon lardons infuse the whole dish with smoky deliciousness – you’ll probs want to eat at least X3 portions. Soz not soz.
How to cook THIS™ dish
- Heat a large frying pan on a medium setting. Fry the lardons in the olive oil and remove from the heat once they are crispy. Set to one side.
- Put a large saucepan of water on to boil. Add 1 tbsp of salt to the water and cook your spaghetti per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile mix the oat milk, lemon juice, cornflour, salt and pepper in a saucepan and place over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and then allow to simmer for 3 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Finely dice the onion and add to the frying pan used for your THIS™ Isn’t Bacon Lardons. Fry for 5 minutes until they begin to soften and turn translucent and then add in the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the spaghetti to the pan with the onions and garlic, along with the carbonara sauce, THIS™ Isn’t Bacon Lardons and ¼ cup of pasta water. Stir everything together and finish with some black pepper and grated parmesan cheese.