|1 pack||THIS™ Isn't Chicken|
|1 pack||THIS™ Isn't Bacon Lardons or THIS™ Isn't Bacon Rashers (chopped)|
|2 packs||Puff pastry|
|1/2 cup||Plain flour (or chickpea flour)|
|3 dashes||Vegan Worcestershire sauce|
|1tsp||Italian mixed herbs|
There’s a hug with every bite. Not literally, pls don’t come to our office.
How to cook THIS™ dish
- Preheat the oven to 200C, grease up (stop it you) the pie dish with vegan butter. Layer the bottom of the dish with a pastry sheet.
- Now to make the peppercorn sauce. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Melt a knob of vegan butter in a large pan and fry off the onions for 3 minutes over a medium heat until softened. Add in half of the garlic, or the whole thing I won’t judge, and the whole peppercorns and fry for 30 seconds and then lower the heat. Add the Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- Add in the coconut milk and the veggie stock and crank the heat till the sauce comes to a simmer. Add some flour through a sieve until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Grab another pan and add some more vegan butter and fry off the shallots and the rest of the garlic. Add in the THIS™ Isn’t Chicken pieces and THIS™ Isn’t Bacon along with all the herbs and fry for a good 2-3 minutes.
- Once the bacon and chicken is cooked add all of this to the peppercorn sauce along with the spinach and leave it all to simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Grab the pie dish and fill up the base of the pie with all of the filling you have cooked, add the second puff pastry sheet on top of the filling. Cut off any overhanging pastry around the edges. Grab a fork and press together the edges with the prongs of the fork.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Once cooked let cool for 10 minutes, if you have the self restraint.
- Nurse burnt tongue.
- Serve with vegan gravy and seasonal veggies.