|THIS™ Isn't Bacon Lardons
How to cook THIS™ dish
- Peel and finely dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan and add the THIS™ Isn’t Bacon Lardons and fry until slightly crispy, then remove from the pan and set aside
- Add the onions to the pan and fry on a medium heat for 10 minutes until they begin to soften and turn translucent.
- In a separate saucepan bring a pan of stock to the boil, then leave on a low simmer while the onions are cooking.
- Add the minced garlic to the onions and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the arborio rice to the pan with your onions and garlic and toast it for 2 minutes.
- Start to add the hot stock to the rice one ladleful at a time, stirring frequently. Wait until the previous ladleful has fully absorbed before adding the next one.
- Once you have added 2/3rd of the stock to the rice, add the THIS™ Isn’t Bacon Lardons and peas to the pan and continue to add the remaining stock stirring frequently.
- While cooking the risotto, finely chop the parsley and grate some of the vegan parmesan. Add this to the risotto and remove from the heat.
- Once the rice is cooked but still has a little bite (al dente) divide between 2 bowls and top with a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of oil, some shavings of vegan parmesan, and serve.