|1 pack||Isn’t Streaky Bacon|
|500g||Plain flour, sifted|
|2 tbsp||Baking powder|
|250ml||Soya milk (or other plant-based milk)|
|1/2 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|2 tbsp||Maple Syrup|
Heart eyes thinkin’ about THIS™ dish. You’ll need a waffle machine but trust, it’s a well worth investment when scoffing warm waffles on a Saturday morning, with vegan bacon and maple syrup.
HOW TO COOK THIS™ DISH
- Before you prepare the batter, turn on the waffle maker so it can start gettin’ toasty.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder with ½ tsp of salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the vegan butter with the caster sugar.
- Combine the soy milk (or your preferred plant-based milk), 175ml of water and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract in a jug. It’s now time for a slight bicep burner. Pour this gradually into the dry ingredients, continually stirring, then add the butter and sugar mixture and keep stirring until the batter is mixed. If your mixture looks really thick, add a splash of water or soy milk.
- Butter up the waffle machine to ensure the batter doesn’t stick and then spoon the batter into the hot waffle iron (roughly ½ cup worth of batter), close and let cook for 4-6 mins.
- Whilst the waffle is cooking, pan fry your Isn’t Bacon Rashers (Isn’t Streaky Bacon would also work an absolute treat). Add a splash of vegetable oil to a pan and cook for 3-5 mins turning occasionally.
- Remove the waffle, top with Isn’t Bacon Rashers, drizzle with as much Maple Syrup as ur heart desires and demolish.
- In theory the recipe is for 5 as there’s enough batter for an additional 10 waffles, but pure respect if you demolish these yourself.
- Off to make these now cause they’re all I can think about. Ok thankssss. Enjoyyyy.