|8||THIS™ Isn't Bacon Rashers|
|1 tsp||Vegetable oil|
|100ml||Agave or maple syrup|
If I could start every weekend with these fluffy pancakes with vegan bacon, drowned in maple syrup, I 100% would. A proper crowd pleaser.
How to cook THIS™ dish
- Preheat your oven to 50°C (fan assisted).
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together. Add the sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt (JUST a pinch).
- Slowly add the oat milk, putting that strong wrist to good use, and whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Add 1 tbsp of the oil to a frying pan and place over a medium heat. Leave to heat up slightly. Touch pan to check when it’s hot enough. Jk. Absolutely don’t do that.
- Once the oil is hot, add a large spoonful of the batter to the pan and allow to cook for 4 minutes or until the edges are cooked, before doing your best air flip and cooking the other side for another 4 minutes.
- Once the pancakes are golden, remove from the pan and keep warm in the oven, while you cook the rest of the batter.
- In a separate pan on a medium heat, add 2 tbsp of oil and fry the THIS™ Isn’t Bacon. Pan fry for 5 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
- To assemble the pancakes, remove them from the oven and create a phat stack, top with the crispy bacon, a knob of vegan spread and a drizzle of agave or vegan maple syrup.
- Enjoy a game of pancake jenga.