|Isn't Chicken||1 pack|
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Can of kidney beans||1|
|Lime juice||1/2 lime|
|Coriander||Large bunch, chopped|
Mexican inspired vegan Chicken Burrito recipe. It’s a solid 10.
HOW TO COOK THIS™ DISH
- Make the tomato rice; place the rice, vegetable stock and passata in a pan and bring to the boil. Once simmering, cover with a lid and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Take the rice off the heat and stir in the paprika and cumin. Then, let sit for 5 mins and finish by fluffing it with a fork (if you cba, fairs lol, you can defo buy a pre-made rice mix).
- Whilst the rice is cooking, in a separate frying pan, cook the Isn’t Chicken over a low-medium heat for 2-4 mins or until golden. Once cooked, place to one side and fry off the peppers until slightly charred. If you have a gas hob, you can char the peppers over the open flames but be rly, RLLLYY careful cause we don’t want any accidents (we also don’t want to be sued).
- Once the Isn’t Chicken and peppers are cooked, add them to the rice with the red kidney beans. Stir everything together until it’s piping hot.
- Make the guac – spoon out the avocado, mash down with a fork, stir in juice from ½ lime and a good handful of chopped coriander (the devil’s herb according to some). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oven to 140C. Roll them sleeves up: It’s time to assemble the burritos.
- Warm up a wrap for roughly 10 seconds in a hot frying pan (can use the one you cooked the chicken in to reduce washing up) and then add roughly ⅓ of the rice mixture to the centre of the wrap. Top with the guac and sprinkle over some cheese (no judging if you sprinkle over the entire pack).
- Fold the ends of the wrap over the filling then fold in the sides kindddd of like an envelope.
- Place the burrito seam side down into the hot pan and cook until the wrap is golden brown and then flip and cook so the other side can become golden brown.