The snapshot – So we’re expanding. A LOT. For a company that is only 2.5 yrs old we’ve come a long way. We’re now looking for an awesome International Commercial Manager to join our team. This person will be the go to individual for bringing about all of our international expansion plans and our final goal of complete world domination. Given the nature of the business this will be a fast paced role so we need someone who is naturally commercially gifted with it being less of an export role and more of a classic sales position.
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed emerging leader in producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – 188% in the last year. We have strong aspirations to continue this growth trajectory as we aim to be the no.1 plant based brand in the UK and beyond and we believe we have the team (50 plus and growing) and investment to do achieve this.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise – this is how we can recruit more meat reducers to the category
What will you be getting up to?
- This is a unique opportunity to flex your commercial muscles and help us build our sales into new and exciting territories
- As a business we recognise the growth opportunity in the UK but can’t ignore the demand in other markets too – we can no longer sit idly by in the knowledge that there are people out there that haven’t tried our products yet; that’s where you come in
- Bring about actionable commercial change in different markets which will see us take 1 step closer to world domination
- You will be the point of contact for International expansion and our commercial ambassador for global retail customers
- Further to this, you’ll also be managing a UK Retail account so you’re never too far from the home market
- It is likely that this person will be reporting into our Commercial Director, giving the successful candidate key senior stakeholder experience
- You’ll be working closely with the current commercial team to deliver on core KPI’s which will help deliver a solid position within the plant based space both in the UK and abroad
- Work collaboratively with all teams such as Marketing, Innovation and Operations to create a seamless execution plan to deliver on key targets.
Hello… Is it you we’re looking for…
- We need someone who is a hustler. Someone who is extremely commercially gifted and is comfortable taking on tough commercial negotiations
- 4-5 years UK commercial retail account management experience
- As said previously, this isn’t an export management position, this is for someone who has trained, developed and honed their Commercial skills and acuity who wants to add something new to their skillset
- A comprehensive understanding of international markets is a big plus but isn’t completely necessary
- Positive attitude. This is for the type of person who loves turning no’s into yes’s. As a small but ambitious and high growth business we are looking for someone who has the perseverance to match it
- You’ll need to be open-minded and flexible, things can change on a dime in our business and we need someone who is comfortable with this fact.
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- We don’t take ourselves seriously and we laugh at the most silly, stupid things… So you don’t need to be a stand-up comedian but having a sense of humour is defo necessary.
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
As a fast growing business, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- You’ll have a £500 wellness allowance every year (pro-rata) to spend on things that will improve your physical and mental wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, dentistry, physio, meditation apps and more.
- To further support mental health, the company pays for Spill, a mental health wellness provider that gives everyone access to qualified therapists and mental health resources.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a relatively small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so feel free to apply with your CV and cover letter and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!