The snapshot – This will be one of our newest additions to our Commercial team. As our impulse & convenience Commercial Manager you’ll be securing some huge wins which are to be had and you’ll be the go to person for driving growth in this important sector of our business story. You’ll need to have experience handling these types of customers previously and ready to take our current customer portfolio to the next level.
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed emerging leader in producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – 188% in the last year. We have strong aspirations to continue this growth trajectory as we aim to be the no.1 plant based brand in the UK and beyond and we believe we have the team (50 plus and growing) and investment to do achieve this.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise – this is how we can recruit more meat reducers to the category
What will you be getting up to?
- You’ll be driving all of the growth in the impulse & convenience channel, working with some of the key customers in this space
- Creating and implementing JBPs across all of our impulse and convenience customers
- Delivering on commercial opportunities within the channel
- Work collaboratively with other teams such as Marketing and Supply Chain to ensure accurate forecasting and excellent brand positioning
- Execute the delivery of any new lines into the impulse channel which is in line with category and strategy
- Create actionable results from best in class insights which can benefit both the customer and THIS
- Be the point of contact for all of our impulse customers
- Bring about actionable change and growth to the channel through increasing distribution points and brand awareness in turn
- Be a plate spinning master, we’re aiming to dominate the impulse & convenience channel which ultimately mean plenty of customers to manage and maintain
- We’re expanding as a business and you’ll need to keep up with this pace
Hello… Is it you we’re looking for…
- We need someone with a can do attitude. Someone who’s driven and has next levels of perseverance
- Somone with at least 3+ years of Impulse account management experience. We need someone who has ideally done a similar role to this previously in a food or drink based business
- A HUSTLER. This person will need to get sh*t done in a major way and knock through what will seem like brick walls. We are leading the category in terms of product, and for us grow even more we need someone who has a keen eye for opportunities and isn’t afraid to go after them.
- A hugely positive mental attitude. As a small business we are going up against some extremely well known brands, this is your chance to to make a huge difference to the plant based category.
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- We don’t take ourselves seriously and we laugh at the most silly, stupid things… So you don’t need to be a stand-up comedian but having a sense of humour is defo necessary.
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
As a fast growing business, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- You’ll have a £500 wellness allowance every year (pro-rata) to spend on things that will improve your physical and mental wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, dentistry, physio, meditation apps and more.
- To further support mental health, the company pays for Spill, a mental health wellness provider that gives everyone access to qualified therapists and mental health resources.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a relatively small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so feel free to apply with your CV and cover letter and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!