|1 pack||Isn't Beef Burger|
|1 pack||Isn't Streaky Bacon|
|2||Vegan Burger Buns|
|1 Tbsp||Tomato Relish (shop bought)|
|1||Iceberg lettuce, shredded|
|4 sliced||Vegan cheese|
|2 Tbsp||Olive Oil|
|1 Tbsp||Soft brown sugar|
|1/2 Tbsp||Olive Oil|
THIS™ is a Vegan Beef Burger Recipe.
Gone are the days of having a soggy portobello mushroom for your BBQ, this meat-free burger is a real crowd-pleaser.
HOW TO COOK THIS DISH
- Heat ½ tbsp of oil in a large deep frying pan over low heat. Add the onions with a generous pinch of salt (salt bae vibe, obvs) and cook slowly for 30-40 mins, stirring occasionally. If the onions begin to catch, add a dash of water to the pan. Roughly 5 minutes before the onions are finished, add the sugar and stir occasionally until it has dissolved (the caramelised onions can be made in advance to save cooking time on the day).
- If grill cooking, grill the Isn’t Beef Burgers on medium heat for 4-5 mins on each side. If pan-frying, heat 1 tbsp of oil on medium heat and cook for 8-10 mins, turning frequently.
- Then, pan-fry your Isn’t Bacon for 3-5 minutes with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil – your kitchen will smell of bacon-y goodness.
- Toast your buns next for that elevated finish – trust, it’s worth it.
- Assemble! Add a large dollop of tomato relish onto the base of each bun, top with the shredded lettuce, burgers, cheese, caramelised onions, finishing with the bacon.