|1 Pack||THIS™ Isn't Chicken Pieces|
|2 Tbsp||Hellman's Vegan Mayo|
|1 Tbsp||Caribbean Hot Curry Powder|
|1 Tbsp||Grated Ginger|
|1 Tsp||Chilli flakes|
|1 Tsp||Black pepper|
|1||Scotch Bonnet Pepper|
|1||Juice of Lime|
|1/2 Cup||White Vinegar|
HOW TO MAKE THIS DISH
Mango and scotch bonnet chutney:
- Firstly, dice both the onion and mango into small bite size pieces.
- In a separate pot, combine the vinegar and sugar and mix until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, adding the diced onions and mangoes to the pot once it starts to bubble.
- Leave to simmer for an additional 5 minutes before adding the scotch bonnet, grated ginger and chilli flakes. Two or three thin slices of the scotch bonnet skin are perfect for creating a mild spice. If you want a more fiery bite, add in a couple of the seeds.
- Cook for 45 minutes on a low heat and then leave to cool.
Coronation Isn’t Chicken sauce:
- Add two heaped tablespoons of Hellman’s vegan Mayo into a bowl.
- Next, add in the turmeric, hot caribbean curry powder, thyme, salt, pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Once fully mixed, add one tablespoon of the cooled mango and scotch bonnet chutney mixture to the bowl.
- In a pan, grill the THIS™ Isn’t Chicken Plant-Based Pieces for 5-7 minutes until slightly brown. Before grilling, you can chop these up to the desired size you like.
- Add the Coronation Isn’t Chicken Sauce mixture into a large mixing bowl with the grilled chicken pieces and mix until they are fully coated in the sauce
- Serve the Caribbean Coronation Isn’t Chicken in a sandwich with fresh salad.
Recipe Credit: Author, Keziah Dior, on behalf of Getir & THIS™.