|THIS™ Isn't Chicken Pieces
|Tomatoes, sliced in half
Pesto pasta isn’t just for students – it’s for legit everyone and anyone cause it’s such a classic. Homemade pesto is also elite, plus, you get to tell everyone you made your own vegan pesto which is cool.
HOW TO COOK THIS™ DISH
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat and toast the pine nuts until golden all over. Make sure you keep an eye on these little nuts as they can go from golden to black in record time (may or may not be speaking from experience).
- Once your pine nuts are golden, add to a blender along with the olive oil, basil and parmesan then blend to the consistency of your liking – and ofc, season to taste. Set aside.
- Cook your pasta in water saltier than the tears of your pal who has finally admitted to not being able to taste the difference between our Isn’t Chicken Pieces and the meaty alternative.
- While your pasta is cooking, heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add oil. Then, cook your Isn’t Chicken Pieces until golden brown.
- Drain your pasta, reserving some of your pasta water. Add the pesto, THIS™ Isn’t Chicken Pieces, tomatoes and spinach to your pasta, along with the pasta water, and mix.
- Expect to have this on repeat weekly cause it’s SO good.