|4 Ttbsp||Olive Oil|
|6||Garlic cloves, peeled|
|1 tsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 tsp||Sherry Vinegar|
|1||Red onion, diced|
|1 tbsp||Oregano leaves|
|A handful of fresh basil|
|A handful of fresh parsley|
|As many as you want||THIS Isn't Potk Meatballs|
|1||Soft sub roll|
|1 tsp||Olive oil|
|1 sprinkle||Parsley, chopped|
|1 sprinkle||Basil, chopped|
|1 tbsp||Capers, chopped|
|2 tbsp||Vegan cheese sauce (optional)|
HOW TO COOK THIS DISH
If you don’t have time to make homemade sauce, grab a jar of Dolmio Vegan Bolognese sauce.
- Spread all the ingredients except for the herbs and lemon in a roasting pan (roughly mixing them so the salt, oil and vinegar are well dispersed across the tomatoes) at 200 degrees for about 50 minutes, until the tomato skins are blistering.
- After 50 minutes, when the tomatoes are very soft and blistering, add the oregano and basil to the tray and roast for a further 10 minutes at the same temperature.
- Remove from the oven, cool and blend. Once blended and a little cooler, add the lemon juice to acidify for taste. If it needs more acidity (this will depend on the tomatoes), you can add a little more lemon or sherry vinegar.
- Pan fry your Isn’t Pork Meatballs on a medium heat in 1tbsp of vegetable oil for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through.
- Roughly chop the capers, parsley and basil.
- Get your favourite vegan cheese sauce, and heat it up.
- Cut your sub in half, and gently toast both halves with a drizzle of oil, until it goes a little crisp on the edge.
- Line your sub with as many Isn’t Meatballs as your heart desires.
- Smother the marinara sauce over the top, drizzle some vegan cheese sauce (optional), and finish by sprinkling the caper, parsley and basil mix over the top for a fresh kick.