The Snapshot – As we’ve been growing at c.500% YoY(!) we need to grow our Operations team to be able to keep up with rising demand. We’re looking for someone who can bring experience to the team and help shape the function as we grow.
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed start-up producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – around 35% compound every month we’ve been trading.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to munch it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise
What will you be doing?
- This will be focused on overseeing the Supply side of our business, from raw materials all the way to our warehouses.
- Forecasting – Managing our forecasted requirements across all raw materials, products and customers (old and new) to then communicate them to key suppliers.
- Inventory management – being responsible for the effective tracking of stock levels across all our storage locations to identify and resolve any shortages before they’re an issue. With a fast-growing company – that can be easier said than done!
- As our Innovation team completes products ready for launch you’ll be responsible for creating the processes and procedures we will use to communicate with our new Suppliers to induct them into our supply chain.
- Working closely with your colleagues in fulfillment to ensure the product demand is always balanced with available supply.
- Overseeing all logistics/haulage of raw materials and products from suppliers into our systems.
What are we looking for?
- Someone with an end-to-end understanding of FMCG supply chain (ideally in Chilled)
- Preferably 3+ years of experience in FMCG Operations with a strong understanding of 3rd logistics and 3rd party supplier relationships
- Strong problem solving skills and (very) numerical aptitude
- Methodical thinker with high attention to detail
- Ideally a person who’s worked in a high-growth company and has experienced all of the associated growing pains and wins
- Someone with management experience
- A HUSTLER. This person will be a rockstar project manager, who can juggle many tasks at once
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re still a relatively small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
As a start-up, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- We really care about our team’s wellbeing so we give everyone a wellness allowance every year to spend on things that will improve their wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counseling, physio, meditation apps and more.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with a cover letter and your CV.