The Snapshot – This one’s a good one. Our Recruitment Specialist will be joining at a high-growth period and will have a direct impact on our awesome growth plans that we have put in place for this year! We are set to double the team and we need someone awesome to get stuck into it. We want this person to be absolutely rock solid on all of the different aspects required of in-house recruitment.
You’ll be helping us develop a brilliant team of dynamic, highly-focused and passionate people who are super engaged in our brand, products and market position!
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed start-up producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – around 35% compound every month we’ve been trading.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise
What will you be doing?
- This is a unique opportunity for someone to make a massive mark on one of the UK’s fastest growing start-ups
- Assisting on some of the key roles we have planned over the next few months
- Helping hiring managers develop structured feedback for all of our candidates that are put into process.
- We have some super ambitious growth targets for this year and this person will very be playing a huge role in developing this growth
- Engaging with talent across all designated roles, giving a vast variety of exposure to lots of different roles, honing and refining some of the core recruitment skills needed
- Working across all functions within the team to develop an understanding for the hiring market and the challenges we may face
- Building rapport within the team – whilst you’re an ambassador for our employer brand you’re also a team player within the business, helping hiring managers and interviewers along the process
- Assisting on new and exciting people focused projects and working closely with the Head of People on these
What are we looking for?
- A driven, self motivated, jump starter who has a get up and go attitude to their work.
- A HUSTLER. This person will need to get sh*t done in a major way and knock through what will seem like brick walls. We are developing and generating an excellent employer brand which in itself has many obstacles and challenges
- 12-18 month recruitment experience is preferred, FMCG exposure is highly preferred
- Experience with using Teamtailor (ATS) is preferred but not required
- Someone who can take initiative and looks for autonomy in their work
- This person will need to be able to take no for an answer. A lot of recruitment is about timing so patience is KEY!
- Getting the grit between their teeth and isn’t afraid to challenge hiring managers on candidates
- A stickler for spelling and grammar; obvs mistakes happen but we’d like this person to have an innate loathing for mixing up your/you’re and pride themselves on their diligent writing skills.
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- We don’t take ourselves seriously and we laugh at the most silly, stupid things… So you don’t need to be a stand-up comedian but having a sense of humour is defo necessary.
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
As a start-up, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- We really care about our team’s wellbeing so we give everyone a wellness allowance every year to spend on things that will improve their wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, physio, meditation apps and more.
- Everyone has the opportunity to work from home a day a month, should they fancy it.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and a video cover “letter” (doesn’t have to be snazzy, just 1-3 mins with a quick overview of your background and why you think you could fit this role).