The Snapshot – We’re looking for a seasoned marketer with a particular passion for innovation and getting incredible new products out the door at pace. We’re super speedy, we’ve got a rapidly growing tribe of customers to please, and we have ambitious plans. The successful candidate will be a critical link into our mad-clever innovation team (in their snazzy innovation centre) working specifically on numerous packaging challenges, sell-in packs (presenters + samples), and scheduling launches over the long and short term.
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed start-up producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – around 35% compound every month we’ve been trading.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise
What will you be doing?
- Owner of NPD within the marketing team, with a specific focus on packaging
- Ensuring the brand is embedded in every little detail of a new product
- Mapping out launches on a consumer calendar & timelining jobs-to-be-done
- Run point with innovation at THIS – connecting into the innovation & sales teams on a daily basis, taking new products from concept stage to market launch day (with a tonne of development work in between)
- Attending project meetings throughout the week with stakeholders including founders, colleagues & suppliers
- Articulating the thoughts of the wider marketing team into streamlined concept documents, including consumer insights and market data
- Preparing internal update documents, as well as external sell-in documents
- Creating mockups (internally and using 3rd party suppliers)
- Writing detailed yet concise briefs for internal and external designers/photographers/partners
- Pushing the boundaries of product packaging: suggesting new styles, materials, methods and techniques – making sure we are category-leading at all times
- Working on pack improvements to existing products
- Keeping projects on time
- Bringing consumer-centric thinking to our innovation
- Suggesting improvements to the process
- Executing long term strategy (supporting senior marketing team)
- Keeping a firm eye on consumer, product and market trends – sharing with the wider team in appropriate forums
What are we looking for?
- Plate-spinning brilliance that means you can keep on top of dozens of projects at once
- Someone with a passion for creating new food products that consumers will fall in love with
- An efficient communicator who will speak up when discussions get intense
- The perfect blend of commerciality and creativity – our products [packaging] must stand out on shelf but we can’t use 24-carat gold to make that happen
- A results-focussed mindset – we don’t have time for fluff or cruising
- A HUSTLER. This person will need to get sh*t done in a major way and knock through what will seem like brick walls. We are leading the category in terms of product, and for us to stay there, you will need to have a relentlessness that isn’t in everybody.
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- We don’t take ourselves seriously and we laugh at the most silly, stupid things… So you don’t need to be a stand-up comedian but having a sense of humour is defo necessary.
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
As a start-up, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- You’ll have a £500 wellness allowance every year (pro-rata) to spend on things that will improve your physical and mental wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, dentistry, physio, meditation apps and more.
- To further support mental health, the company pays for Spill, a mental health wellness provider that gives everyone access to qualified therapists and mental health resources.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and a video cover “letter” (doesn’t have to be snazzy, just 1-3 mins with a quick overview of your background and why you think you could fit this role).