The Snapshot – We’re on the hunt for a superstar PR officer who will work within the marketing team at THIS, owning PR for the brand from the conception of ideas right through to sell-in and celebration of coverage. We’re very ambitious and we want to get 100s of pieces of coverage each year, of the right quality of course. At THIS, there is plenty to talk about so there should be opportunities to engage with media day-in-day-out, making sure we are reaching the right audiences that will build the brand and support our commercial growth.
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed start-up producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – around 35% compound every month we’ve been trading.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise
What will you be doing?
- Working closely with the marketing team and founder Andy, you’ll be run point on our kick-ass PR plan
- Attending tonnes of fun meetings and brainstorms, helping us to decipher the most impactful and interesting stories from the business and brand to share out with media
- Organising every opportunity in a tidy calendar so everyone knows what is going on
- Segmenting media and strategising outreach within target groups
- Writing press releases and media alerts
- Developing press-packs and assets to share out with our friends in the media – working with 3rd parties and colleagues across the business as required
- Pre-planning PR activity for new product launches
- Manage the PR budget
- Sharing requirements and successes with the business in a timely manner
- Ongoing evaluation on our strategy, tweaking as we go
What are we looking for?
- An energetic soul with 3-5 years of experience in the PR world – well connected with all the right people
- Someone with all the know-how of how to make our brand famous, who is happy to own it all from ideas stage to managing our media relationships personally
- A self-starter who can succeed when working independently, but can also ‘plug in’ seamlessly to variety of teams across our business
- A confident & concise chatter – we don’t have time for waffle and when reaching out we need to be OTT positive about everything our brand is up to
- A HUSTLER. This person will need to get sh*t done in a major way and knock through what will seem like brick walls. We are leading the category in terms of product, and for us to stay there, you will need to have a relentlessness that isn’t in everybody.
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- We don’t take ourselves seriously and we laugh at the most silly, stupid things… So you don’t need to be a stand-up comedian but having a sense of humour is defo necessary.
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
As a start-up, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- You’ll have a £500 wellness allowance every year (pro-rata) to spend on things that will improve your physical and mental wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, dentistry, physio, meditation apps and more.
- To further support mental health, the company pays for Spill, a mental health wellness provider that gives everyone access to qualified therapists and mental health resources.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and a video cover “letter” (doesn’t have to be snazzy, just 1-3 mins with a quick overview of your background and why you think you could fit this role).