What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed start-up producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – around 35% compound every month we’ve been trading.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
What will you be doing?
This is a unique opportunity to join as just the fourth member of the ops function at THIS. Day to day tasks will include:
- Overseeing and owning daily stock forecasting for our larger retail customers, while also providing ideas for ongoing improvements as to how we better service these key customers.
- Owning communications with our retail fulfilment partners, including manufacturing and logistics partners. Tasks will include completing order fulfillment paperwork, stock management (including surplus stock) and handling any retailer-led issues e.g. claims of damaged or shorted stock.
- Entering retail sales into our internal inventory management software, DEAR Systems.
- Handling the company’s EDI account (this is how we receive our orders from retailers) by acting as the link between our EDI provider and retail customers when it comes to new customer setup or on occasional troubleshooting of existing issues.
- Getting involved across all aspects of the Operations team to support during particularly busy times or for holiday cover (Including; food service order fulfilment, booking international shipments, inventory management).
- Assisting with various other operations tasks such as new customer onboarding, aiding with research, communication and eventual incorporation of new suppliers / partners into our supply chain, consistent exposure to tasks carried out by other members of the team, and occasional ‘firefighting’ whenever any unexpected issues may arise.
What are we looking for?
- A HUSTLER. This person will need to have a can-do attitude and be comfortable working under pressure at times. We are leading the category in terms of product and growing at a tremendous pace which means there are times when there is simply just a lot going on. Being able to stay calm and prioritise in these circumstances is vital.
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- A morning person – this role will require a fairly early start (8 / 8.30am) due to the current nature of our communication of customer order requirements to our retail co-packer.
- Minimum of 1 year previous work experience, preferably in a quantitative or logistical role.
- Previous experience working in supply chain / operations at an FMCG company is highly desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience with EDI is desirable but not essential.
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
As a start-up, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage.
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – if you start a little earlier than normal (as this role will probably require) then you can try and finish a little earlier too. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep to strict working hours.
- We do really care about our team’s wellbeing so we give everyone a wellness allowance every year to spend on things that will improve their wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, physio, meditation apps and more.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and a video cover “letter” (doesn’t have to be snazzy, just 1-3 mins with a quick overview of your background and why you think you could fit this role).