The Snapshot – The successful candidate will work closely with our warehouse to ensure that we are fulfilling all retail orders on time and in full. They will work closely with the existing supply chain team to manage inventory, ensuring that we have suitable stock cover to maintain the highest possible service levels to our customers while minimising waste.
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed start-up producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – around 35% compound every month we’ve been trading.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise
What’s the deal with this role?
The successful candidate will work closely with our warehouse to ensure that we are fulfilling all retail orders on time and in full. They will work closely with the existing supply chain team to manage inventory, ensuring that we have suitable stock cover to maintain the highest possible service levels to our customers while minimising waste.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying potential stock risks and working closely with the inbound supply team to ensure that we have sufficient stock cover at our 3PL to fulfil all retail orders on time and in full.
- Liaising with our 3PL to ensure any stock discrepancies are investigated and corrected in order to maintain our service level and eliminate waste.
- Ensuring systems are in place to successfully integrate new products into our supply chain.
- Working collaboratively with the sales team on upcoming promotions to maintain high service levels, and making them aware of any current supply challenges so they can proactively communicate with customers if we have any stock outages.
- Inventory management – Helping ensure the systems and procedures we have in place are working properly to always be aware of our available finished goods across our supply chain to identify and resolve any shortages before they’re ever an issue. With a fast growing company – that can be easier said than done!
- Customer fulfilment – being responsible for making sure that we’re working effectively to meet the varying needs of all our customers. That could be hitting a tight delivery slot into a customer depot or quickly coming up with solutions to meet the more challenging customer requests (normally a new customer selling out too fast who needs more stock YESTERDAY!)
- Working closely with colleagues in operations for streamlining of processes
What are we looking for?
- Someone who is super organised and has a get up and go attitude to their work
- >1 year experience in a supply chain role within FMCG
- Someone who is proficient with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- A HUSTLER. This person will need to get sh*t done in a major way and knock through what will seem like brick walls.
- Someone who isn’t afraid to take no’s and can either keep powering through or convert it to a yes
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- We don’t take ourselves seriously and we laugh at the most silly, stupid things… So you don’t need to be a stand-up comedian but having a sense of humour is defo necessary.
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
As a start-up, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- We really care about our team’s wellbeing so we give everyone a wellness allowance every year to spend on things that will improve their wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, physio, meditation apps and more.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and a video cover “letter” (doesn’t have to be snazzy, just 1-3 mins with a quick overview of your background and why you think you could fit this role).