The Snapshot – Our new marketing executive will likely be a creative genius, with the ability to keep their projects on track and within budget. With plate-spinning brilliance, they will support the marketing team on the execution of multiple marketing projects and programs, short and long term. We’d be really pleased to meet someone with experience in shopper marketing, ideally evidenced by working with major UK grocers within a food or drink brand. 1-2 years’ experience would be great.
In short, the successful candidate will work very closely with our Senior Marketing Manager on the creation of assets, delivery of multi-channel campaigns, and the successful launch/amplification of new products throughout the year.
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed start-up producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – around 35% compound every month we’ve been trading.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise
What will you be doing?
- A special opportunity to join an award-winning brand in high growth, with incredible ambition for the years to come
- Reporting into our Senior Marketing Manager, this role is in the centre of the action
- You’ll lead on the creation of incredible assets for our own channels, but also our retail and food service partners (both digital and physical)
- You’ll do everything you can to make sure each product launch is a roaring success – this includes everything from sending product samples out to managing designers on packaging tweaks
- You’ll support on our PR activities and ongoing partnerships program
- Organising and attending consumer and trade events
- Ongoing market research – keeping a close eye on future market trends and appetites
What are we looking for?
- A HUSTLER. This person will need to get sh*t done in a major way and knock through what will seem like brick walls (bring solutions not problems). We are leading the category, and for us to stay there, you will need to have a relentlessness that isn’t in everybody.
- Creative and good with words… because no one likes a boring caption do they?
- Organised – ideally someone with experience tracking a budget and a timeline
- Diligent, detailed and efficient – to be honest we don’t have time for dilly dallying but we can’t cope with typos either
- A strong communicator who can deal with our finance team one minute, a retail buyer the next
- Resourceful and smart with our time and money
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- We don’t take ourselves seriously and we laugh at the most silly, stupid things… So you don’t need to be a stand-up comedian but having a sense of humour is defo necessary.
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
As a start-up, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- We really care about our team’s wellbeing so we give everyone a wellness allowance every year to spend on things that will improve their wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, physio, meditation apps and more.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and a video cover “letter” (doesn’t have to be snazzy, just 1-3 mins with a quick overview of your background and why you think you could fit this role).