The Snapshot – The successful candidate will be assisting with a multitude of projects and get the opportunity to obtain experience in a variety of financial functions from month end to implementing a new financial software system.
You will work directly with our Finance Manager and Management Accountant to implement new systems and financial ways of working. Overall this is a role that offers lots of exciting growth opportunities and autonomy!
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed start-up producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – around 35% compound every month we’ve been trading.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise
What will you be doing?
- This is a unique opportunity to gain a variety of experience in a fast-paced, food manufacturer and sector visionary.
- Assisting with the month-end, budget, and year-end processes
- Assisting with payroll and pension queries
- Managing related customer queries
- Managing Accounts Payable statement recs and queries
- Cross-checking purchase orders vs invoices
- Working closely with an external bookkeeper on invoice posting and bank reconciliations queries
- Managing departmental and employee expenses claims
- Exciting involvement in a range of large-scale finance projects from such as the implementation of new systems to keep up with company growth; for e.g. ERP system and ApprovalMax
- Analysis/ reporting of cross-functional projects
What are we looking for?
- A graduate or entry-level individual
- A HUSTLER. This person will need to get sh*t done in a major way and knock through what will seem like brick walls.
- Someone who is looking to qualify in CIMA or ACA.
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- We don’t take ourselves seriously and we laugh at the most silly, stupid things… So you don’t need to be a stand-up comedian but having a sense of humour is defo necessary.
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
- A doer, eager to learn and with a strong sense of ownership and a keen eye for detail
- Someone with experience with using a mid-tier accounting system (NetSuite, Sage, SAP etc) would be ideal but not necessary
As a start-up, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- We really care about our team’s wellbeing so we give everyone a wellness allowance every year to spend on things that will improve their wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, physio, meditation apps and more.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and a video cover “letter” (doesn’t have to be snazzy, just 1-3 mins with a quick overview of your background and why you think you could fit this role).