The Snapshot – The successful candidate will be the company’s first dedicated Supply Chain Manager; that means they’ll be delivering on the sourcing strategy for all our kick ass products going to market. Reporting directly into the Head of Innovation, they’ll be working with the Operations function and directly alongside Innovation, ensuring a strong link between those functions. This role is extremely important to the founders, therefore, you will be working closely with them to ensure we have that awesome strategy in place!
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed start-up producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – around 35% compound every month we’ve been trading.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
What will you be doing?
- This is a unique opportunity to join as a senior member of a tight-knit and growing team.
- Develop short, medium and long term sourcing strategies for the business.
- Lead directly the relationship with third party manufacturers / co-packers / suppliers to help the business land world leading products to market.
- Lead the search for new third party manufacturers / co-packers / suppliers with world class manufacturing capabilities, ingredients and packaging to enable the delivery of our growing innovation pipeline. Our ambition is big, and your role is critical in finding the right partners to launch with quality and speed.
- Manage negotiations and contract agreements with external partners.
- Work directly with project briefs from the Innovation/R&D team to enable the development of industry leading products to market.
- Lead on any IP development with all external partners protecting the innovative ideas the business holds and develops.
- Drive margin improvement on existing products with external partners.
- Lead quality management and improvement with external partners, linking closely with the R&D/innovation team.
- Work on an ad-hoc basis on other operations projects to help support the current programme.
What are we looking for?
- A HUSTLER. This person will need to get sh*t done in a major way and knock through what will seem like brick walls. We are leading the category in terms of product, and for us to stay there, you will need to have a relentlessness that isn’t in everybody.
- Degree (Master’s preferable) in Supply Chain Management, Strategy Management, Business, or equivalent.
- >3 years experience in a similar role (food experience not essential, but preferable).
- Experience working with third party manufacturers / co-packers / suppliers.
- Strong knowledge and experience in leading negotiations and contract agreements.
- Knowledge of costing and pricing strategy within manufacturing.
- Knowledge of IP development and protection of new products on the market within FMCG.
- Previous management experience; we’d love to meet someone who likes to hire and mentor great people.
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
As a start-up, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- We do really care about our team’s wellbeing so we give everyone a wellness allowance every year to spend on things that will improve their wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, physio, meditation apps and more.
- Everyone has the opportunity to work from home a day a month, should they fancy it.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and a video cover “letter” (doesn’t have to be snazzy, just 1-3 mins with a quick overview of your background and why you think you could fit this role).