Snapshot – Our next in-house designer will be a creative power-house who will sit at the core of the marketing team to support the delivery of the marketing roadmap. With an eagle eye for detail and hustler-like efficiency, this role will work closely with our Senior Market Manager and juggle a wide and varied remit, including: visualisation of new product packaging, graphic design for social media, bringing sales pitches to life, creating an array of internal assets, and even being the creative genius to design our future OOH campaigns. THIS is moving at 100 miles an hour, and we’re looking for someone to keep pace, with a hunger to help grow the brand and make their stamp on the world of FMCG.
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed start-up producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – around 35% compound every month we’ve been trading.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise
What will you be doing?
- A special opportunity to join an award-winning brand in high growth, with incredible ambition for the years to come
- Reporting into our Senior Marketing Manager, this role is in the centre of the action
- You’ll lead on the graphic design of incredible assets for our own social media channels
- You’ll be at the forefront of bringing NPD ideas to life with packaging, as well as staying on top of current packaging refreshes
- Food service partnerships are core to the company’s growth and you will be responsible for following a brief to ensure that our go-to-market assets are bold, punchy and represent our brand
- Retail distribution represents a significant part of our business and the creation of pitch decks for major retailers, as well as ongoing assets and advertising materials, will sit with you
- Video lies at the core of our marketing, and while we typically work with external editors, there may be opportunities to work on video for digital media advertising
- Our design is focal to our success, so you’ll be responsible for ensuring all assets are in line with our company DNA and branding guidelines.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 5 years experience working in FMCG design
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite and any additional relevant design programs
- A HUSTLER. This person will need to get sh*t done in a major way and knock through what will seem like brick walls (bring solutions not problems). We are leading the category, and for us to stay there, you will need to have a relentlessness that isn’t in everybody
- A creative whizz that thinks outside the box – we’re not like any other plant-based brand, and we definitely don’t think like one
- Organised – we’ve got many projects on the boil and we need someone who has experience managing and working to a tight timeline
- Diligent, detailed and efficient – to be honest we don’t have time for dilly dallying but we can’t cope with typos either
- A strong communicator who can deal with our innovation team one minute, and a food service partnerships team the next
- Resourceful and smart with our time and money
- Resilience and high standards – we’re looking for someone who is keen to keep growing and improving, and can take feedback on the chin
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- We don’t take ourselves seriously and we laugh at the most silly, stupid things… So you don’t need to be a stand-up comedian but having a sense of humour is defo necessary.
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
As a start-up, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- We really care about our team’s wellbeing so we give everyone a wellness allowance every year to spend on things that will improve their wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, physio, meditation apps and more.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and a video cover “letter” (doesn’t have to be snazzy, just 1-3 mins with a quick overview of your background and why you think you could fit this role).