The Snapshot – The successful candidate will join our growing operations team, with this role focusing largely on all things foodservice. Despite the numerous hurdles that the pandemic has thrown our way we’ve managed to launch with some pretty big foodservice partners over the past year, and we are only expecting things to accelerate from here as we enter the tail end of the pandemic. This person would be working closely with the Operations Manager to assist with all elements of food service fulfillment, such as daily customer order processing, managing stock at our various distribution centres, running and growing our D2C function, and processing sales using our internal software.
In short, this person will work as part of a growing and enthusiastic team, motivated by a can-do attitude to ensure the smooth and continually improving the operation of the company.
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed start-up producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – around 35% compound every month we’ve been trading.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise
What will you be doing?
This is a unique opportunity to join as the seventh member of the ops function at THIS. Day to day tasks will include:
- Liaising with a wide range of foodservice partners and distributors, providing excellent customer service by ensuring that orders are fulfilled on time and in full.
- Managing inventory at each of our warehouse/distribution sites, keeping a close eye on stock positions to ensure we’re never caught out.
- Assisting with the back-end operation of our D2C function by overseeing the e-commerce platform integrations and managing communication with our co-packing warehouse.
- Processing sales, customer set-ups, and stock transfers within our internal inventory management software.
- Working closely with the Sales and Innovation teams to assist with onboarding new customers and slotting exciting new products into our supply chain.
- Getting involved across all aspects of the Operations team to support during particularly busy times or for holiday cover (e.g. logistics, retail order fulfillment, managing international shipments, demand forecasting, etc.), as well as occasional ‘firefighting’ whenever any unexpected issues arise.
What are we looking for?
- A HUSTLER. This person will need to get sh*t done in a major way and knock through what will seem like brick walls. We are leading the category in terms of product and growing at a tremendous pace which means there are times when there is simply just a lot going on. Being able to stay calm and prioritise in these circumstances is vital.
- Positive attitude, proactivity, and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- Minimum of 1-year previous work experience, preferably in a logistical or quantitative role.
- Previous experience working in supply chain/operations at an FMCG company is highly desirable but not essential.
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally – we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos.
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others.
- We don’t take ourselves seriously and we laugh at the most silly, stupid things… So you don’t need to be a stand-up comedian but having a sense of humour is defo necessary.
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis).
As a start-up, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- We really care about our team’s wellbeing so we give everyone a wellness allowance every year to spend on things that will improve their wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, physio, meditation apps and more.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and a video cover “letter” (doesn’t have to be snazzy, just 1-3 mins with a quick overview of your background and why you think you could fit this role).