The Snapshot – The successful candidate will be the company’s first dedicated foodservice wholesale NAM. As a result, we want someone who is a get-up-and-goer who wants to embrace the challenge and make an impact on a super fast-paced, cutting-edge start-up. This person will be managing and driving relationships and current listings with our key wholesalers, as well as working to gain new listings. You’ll be joining a dynamic team of food lovers working to get THIS on menus everywhere!
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed start-up producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – around 35% compound every month we’ve been trading.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise
What will you be doing?
- Managing existing key wholesale accounts to drive high volume sales
- You’ll be based in our office as well as getting out and about in the field, to meet with wholesalers and, when possible, their customers
- Working to grow business in new sectors, such as Education, Healthcare and B&I
- We have a jam packed pipeline of exciting NPD, and we’ll need you to sell the new products we launch in to our wholesalers so they can reach customers all across the country
- Building relationships with sales and account managers across both businesses to drive volume and win key accounts
- Regular sales forecasting, tracking & reporting
- Negotiating terms with buyers and agreeing annual promotion plans
- Using category SalesOut data to identify opportunities in foodservice and feed back to the team
- Brainstorming and working collaboratively with the rest of the food service team
- Work with the rest of the foodservice team to get people eating THIS in venues all over the UK
What are we looking for?
- A keen interest in all aspects of the food industry – our team love checking out new restaurants, sharing recipes, trying new products and chatting about what we had for lunch!
- 3 years experience in FMCG, 2 years working on wholesale accounts with full P&L responsibility
- In depth experience and understanding of wholesale accounts
- A strong understanding of P&L management
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills. Our customers are super important to us and we love building long standing, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Someone persistent, driven and energetic who will break through what seem like brick walls to get deals across the line!
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- Someone super motivated and able to smash targets
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- We don’t take ourselves seriously and we laugh at the most silly, stupid things… So you don’t need to be a stand-up comedian but having a sense of humour is defo necessary.
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
As a start-up, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- You’ll have a £500 wellness allowance every year (pro-rata) to spend on things that will improve your physical and mental wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, dentistry, physio, meditation apps and more.
- To further support mental health, the company pays for Spill, a mental health wellness provider that gives everyone access to qualified therapists and mental health resources.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and a video cover “letter” (doesn’t have to be snazzy, just 1-3 mins with a quick overview of your background and why you think you could fit this role).