The Snapshot – We’re growing pretty quickly and, as we get into more restaurants and retailers, our tribe of customers grows. Making sure they love the products and brand is essential to the success of THIS™. A large part of the Community Manager role will mean becoming the voice and ears of the company to make sure customers are happy. The community manager is also a key to expanding our customer base through on and offline channels and monitoring customer sentiment, as well as being at one with our witty and ‘tongue-in-cheek’ brand voice.
Separately, this role is crucial for the smooth running of Marketing and the rest of the company – making sure all the nuts and bolts are moving as they should, behind the scenes.
What is THIS™?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed emerging leader in producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – 188% in the last year. We have strong aspirations to continue this growth trajectory as we aim to be the no.1 plant based brand in the UK and beyond and we believe we have the team (50 plus and growing) and investment to do achieve this.
Why are we doing THIS™?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS™ for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise – this is how we can recruit more meat reducers to the category
What will you be doing?
- This is a unique opportunity to join a collaborative and focused team, working together to make sure our customers’ experience is always excellent.
- Community management – managing social media accounts and being on the pulse to respond rapidly to any questions. We reply to every comment and every message we receive within 24 hours.
- Customer service – managing feedback and coordinating with our Technical Manager to ensure any issues are monitored and customers are left happy.
- Customer sentiment monitoring – coordinating with Sales, Marketing & Innovation teams to report monthly on trends to inform new content and product development.
- Influencer campaign management – leading on the ideation and actioning of influencer campaigns to tie in with key product launches. This also entails managing relationships with influencers and planning and coordinating the send outs.
- Partnership support – helping develop relationships with collaboration partners (brand, restaurant or retail).
- Creative support – contributing to Marketing team ideation sessions with a focus on Tiktok and Instagram story content
- Other misc admin that crops up
Hello… Is it you we’re looking for…
- We need someone with strong organisational skills with high attention to detail
- You have to be quite dry, quick witted and sarcastic. That’s essential because you’ll take over as the voice of THIS on social media
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and rapidly growing environment
- Willingness to get stuck in whenever necessary
- Flexibility of working hours. This role involves working (a tiny bit) on weekends to ensure our community is happy and engaged
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity – a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis)
As a fast growing business, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- You’ll have a £500 wellness allowance every year (pro-rata) to spend on things that will improve your physical and mental wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, dentistry, physio, meditation apps and more.
- To further support mental health, the company pays for Spill, a mental health wellness provider that gives everyone access to qualified therapists and mental health resources.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a relatively small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so feel free to apply with your CV and cover letter and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!