The snapshot – The successful candidate will directly manage some of our biggest and most valuable customers. As we transition from “the new kid on the block” to a cemented brand within the category we are keen to maintain our great momentum. There are plenty of wins to be had within our existing customers, whether that be increased distribution on existing lines or launching new products (in either existing or new categories).
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed emerging leader in producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk – https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – 188% in the last year. We have strong aspirations to continue this growth trajectory as we aim to be the no.1 plant based brand in the UK and beyond and we believe we have the team (50 plus and growing) and investment to do achieve this.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete – co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren’t realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we’ve basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we’d love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise – this is how we can recruit more meat reducers to the category
What will you be doing?
- The day-to-day management of our largest and core grocery accounts
- Have P&L responsibility over these accounts
- Become the voice of your customers internally to ensure that their strategy is understood by the wider team.
- Spearhead the expansion of our brand within these customers, picking up and delivering on all upcoming opportunities
- Be the expert on retailer systems and data across your accounts.
- Work closely with supply chain / operations to manage forecasts and customer delivery expectations.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects such as new product launches, making sure we capitalise on customer needs.
- Regular sales forecasting, tracking & reporting.
- Planning, booking & reviewing balanced promotional activity for each of your customers.
- Troubleshooting & critical thinking – how to improve product performance where necessary.
- Support in the development of the grocery sales strategy.
- Work with the marketing team to plan & execute exciting in store activation to drive sales & brand awareness.
- Using category data & insight to identify opportunities for improvement within customer ranges. Use data to support your selling.
Hello… Is it you we’re looking for…
- We need someone with 3+ years FMCG experience managing a UK grocery (Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda or Morrison’s) account.
- Someone with a well-rounded understanding of the UK grocery market and sales processes (fresh / chilled experience would be great).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of commercials.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to interpret both internal and external data.
- A HUSTLER. This person will need to get sh*t done in a major way and knock through what will seem like brick walls.
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- We don’t take ourselves seriously and we laugh at the most silly, stupid things… So you don’t need to be a stand-up comedian but having a sense of humour is defo necessary.
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we’re playing table tennis).
As a fast growing business, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because – they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They’re not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage.
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We’re not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- We really care about our team’s wellbeing so we give everyone a wellness allowance every year to spend on things that will improve their wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, physio, meditation apps and more.
- Everyone has the opportunity to work from home a day a month, should they fancy it.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you’ll be exposed to – and have the chance to contribute towards – challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!